0

practise makes perfect

do you ever find yourself practising speeches....that aren't going to be graded?

i always do that; whether it's for a car lesson, a sick note, walking into a room to pass on a message from someone else...the list goes on

and today...
today i found myself in an elevator.


...making up an excuse for being in the elevator.


i had seriously considered and practised my speech to tell a 60(-/+)year old man "oh yes, the doctor says i should refrain from walking of my sprained toe".

not only would that be a lie, but...my toe?!
could i not have thought of saying ankle? shin? "my vessels will pop if i step on my skin"?
hahahahhah. maybe not the latter...i don't want to sound like i'm telling him my life story...

but what does that say about me?
am i lying just to make me acceptable in todays' society?
so that i don't seem like a lazy student who hates climbing up thousands of stairs in the morning EVERY day?

i should really count the amount of steps it takes me just to get onto 'ground' level...


which brings me back to the elevator subject...why is it ALWAYS so awkward being in an elevator with someone that you don't know?
thousands of questions...
so easy to answer.

buuuuuut i cannot be botheredness.

goodnight blogosphere~
kerplouski.

0 comments:

Post a Comment